- Scuba dive in coral reefs. Just off the coast of Zanzibar and Pemba island are coral reefs that create another world altogether and are a paradise for tropical fish and divers alike.
- Learn about the culture of the Maasai tribe. Spend a full day and night with the Maasai tribe of Tanzania to witness their daily traditions and aspects of their culture. By interacting with the tribal people of Tanzania, you can discover the skills of their ancestors and learn all about their history.
- Volunteer. At Zara Tours, we connect with several charitable organizations within Tanzania where you can spend your vacation giving back and supporting the local culture.
- Take a mountain bike tour. For a challenge and a visually stunning experience, ride a bike on one of the many vast expanses of land.
- Learn about flora and fauna. Guides can take you out of the jeeps and onto the ground to identify insects, plants and other geographical aspects seen on a safari, hands on.
- Twist on safari. Interested in the adventure of a safari but wanting a non-traditional take on the experience? Ride on a camel or horseback. Fly above the plains in a balloon. Take the walk at night. From each vantage point you will witness once in a lifetime views of animals and their habitats.
Wednesday, January 22, 2014
MORE THAN CLIMBING KILIMANJARO: ZARA TOURS EXPLORES THE HIGHLIGHTS OF TANZANIA
The East African country of Tanzania has the biggest land area of the nearby countries, with a landscape boasting coastal plains, inland plateaus and highlands. It is geographically diverse and powerfully beautiful, attracting visitors from far and wide intent on experiencing it for themselves.
Tanzania is also very well connected in terms of the entirety of East Africa, serving as a gateway into the central parts of Africa. The commercial capital and seaport of Dar es Salaam provides access to the landlocked countries of Malawi, Zambia, Burundi, Rwanda and Uganda. With this hub for trading and thriving metropolis, Tanzania has all the appeal to draw interested travelers to its gates.
While considered most famous for the epic Mount Kilimanjaro and the iconic African safaris, Tanzania has so much more to offer than just these activities. If your interests go beyond climbing Kilimanjaro or riding along on the classic safari, a tour of Tanzania should still rank high on your travel list for the many other wonders that await.
Tanzania is home to many world famous national reserves and many other unique experiences, offering so much more than the traditional expeditions. Such a unique country requires an equally unique perspective for experiencing it. We offer a variety of combination packages so you don’t have to choose between all of the adventures that call to you from across oceans. Create your own Tanzania trip with Zara Tours today!