85 – YEAR GRANDMA CONQUERS Mt. KILIMANJARO IN STYLE.

“MT Kilimanjaro climbing is a tough task. For one to trek this snow peaked highest mountain in Africa, one has to be physically fit and forbearing. But it is so wonderful when one manages to climb the mountain up to its highest point-the Uhuru Peak (5,895 meters above the sea level),” says Anne Lorimor-85 years old grandma, Arizona native in the United States of America (USA) who climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro to its’ highest peak for the cause!
The grandma is not a sailor. But still she have a right to shout: “Hurrah!” because she managed to reach the top of Mt. Kilimanjaro representing a cause for the oldest people worldwide.

Speaking with the Guardian on Saturday in an exclusive interview this week, Anne explained that, the core aim of the expedition entitled ‘Kili Climb-Challenge Youth Fund (CYF)’ is to raise some funds aiming at helping disadvantaged kids become all that they can be. According to her, she wants them to know their options and be given the hand up they deserve.
As Anne recalls, it was around 07:30 a.m. on July 12, 2015 after a breathtaking 02 and half hour slow walk from Stellar Point that she managed to reach Uhuru Peak, 5,895 meters above sea level. “For some seconds I totally forgot that there were some other people coming along with me, then after some 15 minutes I saw them coming towards me in a second group and it downed on me that they have made it. We all made!”
She recollected that was the culmination of ‘our eight day Mt. Kilimanjaro climb’ through the toughest Rongai Route that to her still seems like a dream. “Reaching Uhuru Peak was a dream come true but the actual climb is a long episode that one need to grow old first to forget,” she noted “I do like the challenge, that’s why I came to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro though I’m old and I very much appreciate myself that I made it to the Uhuru Peak with the ‘great assistance’ from Wilbard Peter Mrima a professional mountain tour Guide with ZARA TANZANIA ADVENTURES..” Ms. Lorimor explained.
According to Ms. Lorimor, she dreamed to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro for a long time because since she was young she used to read in various outlets on the ‘majesty’ of the free standing mountain in Africa – Mt. Kilimanjaro that’s why she decided to climb it this year to prove to the World that ‘Anything is Possible if you like’ and age is just a number!
Explaining her experience on mountain hiking, Ms. Lorimor explains; “In the US I do climb some hills around my neighborhood, and I do remember in 1964 I climbed the Great Pyramids in Egypt. I thank God that I made it to Uhuru Peak after a good assistance from Wilbard Peter Mrima from the ZARA Tanzania Adventures who was very patient with me. He assisted me very much to fulfill my dream, and next year if God wishes I will come to scale again the highest Peak of Africa, Mt. Kilimanjaro…” the old woman explained with tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

General Information: Kilimanjaro Climbing, Safari In Tanzania, Zanzibar Island, Tanzania Wild Camps and Zara Charity

Zara Tours Through Zara Charity Provided new kits ( Clothes) to Our Porters to ensure their safety on Mt Kilimanjaro